Hiring: P/T Digital Marketing + Events Assistant
(don’t get hung up on the title though, we can always change that – as I am open to hearing from more mid-level professionals as well as entry-level ones)
I’m on the hunt for a part-time Digital Marketing + Events Assistant. The main focuses will be assisting in: client communication, Facebook Advertising (experience required), and events (workshops and seminars).
This position will be an independent contractor (at least to begin) and will start at approximately 10 hours/week. The initial contract term will be 3-months, with the opportunity to extend and grow with the company. The position pays $16 – $22 / hour dependent on experience.
You will work remotely, but the applicant should reside in the Halifax area, as bi-weekly face-to-face meetings will be required.
See below for the position and task description.
About the PositionAs the Digital Marketing + Events Assistant, you will be working directly with Caley Dimmock of Dimik Creative Group.
Your position will help with the agency side of the business which focuses on marketing and creative services for brands in industries such as beauty/skincare, apparel, and real estate, as well as Caley’s personal brand, which involves workshops, online courses, speaking engagements, and sponsorships.
Please note that this position does not involve photography aside from assisting with production and potentially assisting on set from time to time. Areas you may aid in include:
- Inbox management and responding to inbound enquiries
- Liaising with clients
- Instagram management (for clients)
- Influencer marketing programs (for clients)
- Facebook ads (for personal brand and Clients)
- Copywriting (for personal brand and Clients)
- Event marketing
- Basic graphic design and/or photo editing
- Proposal preparation (involves using InDesign to layout, copywriting, etc)
- Help with Caley’s personal brand initiatives, including but not limited to: social media posts, blog posts, funnel optimization
- Assist with PR and speaking enquiries (Caley’s personal brand)
- Assist with sponsorship enquiries (Caley’s personal brand)
– Facebook Advertising
– Graphic Design (using Adobe InDesign – primarily ads and proposals)
– Event Assistance
The position will likely evolve over time to become more specialized. In the application form, you will be asked about your experience in a number of areas. Please be honest as again, it is not expected you have experience/are proficient in all of them!
- Live in the Halifax area
- Work well independently and with a team
- Are able to meet with Caley bi-weekly in person in Halifax
- Have your own laptop
- Have experience in and have Adobe InDesign on your computer
- Understand that you will be an independent contractor (at least to start) and what that means
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience in areas that are relevant to this position
- Want an opportunity to grow and are not looking to start your own company/agency in the same industry
- Have a positive attitude, are a great listener, and think logically and analytically
- Are aesthetically inclined
- Are tech-savvy
- Are an excellent communicator, both in writing and orally
- Enjoy dealing with people, or if not, you’re at least good at it
Applications are due by 11:59pm Atlantic Time on Friday July 12, 2019. Due to volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.