Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Endy. All opinions are honest and my own. In fact, Endy encourages their partners to be upfront and honest, which is one of the reasons why I felt comfortable working with them.
We see the news headlines every week or so, “Lack of sleep linked to increased risk of XYZ”, “Better sleep linked to an increase in XYZ”, and so on…
So why wasn’t I taking my own sleep seriously?
As a business owner who needs to perform at a high level constantly, and wants to maintain happiness while doing so, it’s pretty shocking that I slept on a second-hand no-name mattress for five years followed by sleeping on a low-quality Ikea mattress for the next four.
You could say I was just a wee bit excited when Endy got in touch to team up on a social media campaign where I would give their signature made-in-Canada mattress a go, along with their customizable memory foam pillows. Endy offers all of their customers a full 100-night risk-free trial, where if you’re not completely satisfied with it, you can return it for a full refund. No questions asked.
I’ve been getting so many questions about my Endy mattress and pillows, so keep scrolling for my own, easy to digest (as in, it’s literally point form, you’re welcome) 100-night review.
- It’s a Canadian-made product by a Canadian-based company (Yeah, go Canada!)
- The people I’ve dealt with personally at Endy are some of the nicest around. I believe the type of people who work for a company says a lot about how the company is run.
- Delivery. I don’t own a car and so having the Endy mattress and pillows delivered right to my door in a box was very convenient.
- The set-up was impressively easy. You take it out of the box, you unroll it, you cut open the plastic packaging, and it fills out on its own, quickly.
- It’s like sleeping on a freaking cloud. No joke. It’s definitely the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on.
- The pillows are ridiculously supportive and I love that you can customize them by taking out or adding more foam.
- Speaking of which, the memory foam is shredded bamboo charcoal memory foam. So. Cool.
- There’s barely any motion transfer at all. It’s amazing. My cat can prance around all he wants and I don’t wake up anymore. It’s a beautiful thing.
- While I didn’t find it to necessarily be a “cool” mattress, it certainly didn’t seem to get too warm for me. I can’t stand a bed that’s too warm, so this was important to me.
The Cons Considerations
I can’t even really call these cons, because there really weren’t any (yes, honestly), so I’m calling this “considerations” instead.
- When it arrives, it’s pretty heavy in the box. This being said, I was still able to manage it 100% on my own. But if you’re someone who might be a lot frailer than a (reasonably) fit 29-year-old woman, you may want to have a friend or family member come over to assist you.
- It did take me a few nights to get used to but only because I was sleeping on a rock hard mattress beforehand. So my first couple of nights weren’t the easiest, but afterward, it was smooth sailing and I’ve been sleeping through the night. So if you’re switching from something else, be prepared for it to take a few nights to get adjusted. For those wondering, I would consider the Endy a medium-firm mattress – which I like because it’s super comfy but also still gives my back enough support (I have an SI injury).
- I’m really racking my brain here but I can’t think of anything else. In fact, I just went and laid on it again to be triple sure and nope, nothing else to report.
Overall I’m really satisfied with this mattress. It was my first ever memory foam one so it took a few nights of getting used to as I mentioned, but now I’m totally adjusted to it and can’t imagine sleeping on anything else. I was also nervous about going from a super firm mattress to something a tad bit softer due to a lower back injury I sustained in a car accident several years ago, but it’s been fine so far and I haven’t noticed any changes. And lastly, it’s totally like sleeping on a freaking cloud. And yes, I actually love it.
If you have any questions at all about the mattress or pillows just leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer it as soon as possible, and if you’re in the market for a new mattress and feel like giving the Endy a try, you can use CALEY50 to save $50 on any size mattress at endy.com.